ShoppingFeeder has a powerful set of features to help you optimise your feed. This guide explores the ways in which you can exclude products on an individual basis, exclude an entire category of products, information on editing an Offer and locking a product to ensure that changes you make aren’t overridden the next time ShoppingFeeder syncs your products
By default, all of your products will be included in your feed. If you would like to exclude a product from your feed to a specific channel, hover over the channel subscription icon.
A pop-up box listing all of the channels that your product is currently subscribed to will appear. To exclude your product from a specific channel’s feed, un-tick the box next to the channel you wish to unsubscribe the product from.
Once you have finished making changes, click Rebuild Feeds button to ensure your feeds is updated with the latest information.
To exclude an entire category of products from your feed, go to Map Categories and select the categories you wish to exclude from your feed.
Click on Options and choose which channel you would like your category to be unsubscribed from.
The offer detail view displays important information about your product. The information displayed includes:
- Title: The item’s name.
- Brand: The item’s brand.
- Manufacturer: The producer of the item.
- SKU: Stock Keeping Unit – The code which your business has given the item to keep track of stock.
- GTIN: The Global Trade Item Number for a product is a unique 14-digit code used to identify trade items. For example, if you resell a particular brand, their items will each possess this code.
- MPN: The Manufacturer Part Number is a series of number and/or letters given to a part by the manufacturer. This is unique and identifies the part as belonging to the manufacturer.
- Weight: The weight of the product in the units chosen during the setup wizard.
- URL: Your online store’s URL.
- Description: A brief write-up of the product, used for search indexing.
- Condition: The condition of the product. There is a drop down box which give you three options: new, used or refurbished.
- Currency: The primary currency which your store deals with
- Price: The price of the item on comparison search engines.
- Sale Price: A lowered price for when the item is on sale.
- Sale Price Effective Date: The date at which the price will be lowered.
- Tax: The amount of money your store will be taxing the consumer.
- Delivery Cost: The charge for delivery.
- Availability: This shows if the item is in stock and out of stock as well as the option of ordering or pre-ordering.
Locking a product allows you to make changes to an offer that will not be overridden the next time ShoppingFeeder Syncs the latest product information from your store. The lock product function will prevent all information except for pricing and inventory data from being changed on a product sync.
The following fields will still be updated even if a product is locked: category, url, price, sale price, sale price effective date, delivery cost, tax, availability and quantity.
This is done by simply clicking on the lock icon.