Once you’ve registered and created a ShoppingFeeder account you’ll be guided through a step by step wizard to get your store connected to ShoppingFeeder. This guide will provide an overview of the setup process, which takes no longer than five minutes.
Once you’ve signed into your ShoppingFeeder account for the first time you’ll be presented with the setup wizard. Click Next to continue.
- Your store name: The name of your e-commerce store.
- Your store URL: The URL of your store.
- Your store country: The country in which your store is based.
- Your store currency: The primary currency in which you sell your products. This may not necessarily be the same currency as the country in which your store is based.
- Category language: This selection determines the language in which your store categories will be mapped. If your language is not here, just use “English”
- Your shopping cart platform: Select the platform on which your store runs.
This screen may vary depending on the e-commerce platform you are integrating with ShoppingFeeder. However, the following information is standard irrespective of e-commerce platform.
- Enable Variants: This field creates separate offers for each variance in your inventory. If you have a Shirt that is available in three different colours and enable variants is turned on ShoppingFeeder will create three unique offers.
- Rename Variants: By turning this on, ShoppingFeeder will append the variant name to the end of the product title. Example: Evening Dress / Red / Size 32.
- Product Weight Units: The units in which your product’s weight is measured.
- Shipping/Delivery Charges: This will set the way in which customers are billed for shipping.
- Condition of your products: Sets the condition of the products you are selling. We accommodate all types of online stores and you can set this to New, Used or Refurbished. If you sell goods in multiple conditions, set this to the condition of the majority of your goods.
- Your store description: A short description of your store and products.
Via API Keys:
If you are connecting ShoppingFeeder to a Magento, Prestashop, OpenCart or WooCommerce store you will be required to enter API Keys. Simply copy and paste the API Key and API Secret into ShoppingFeeder Plugin in your e-commerce platform.
Once you’re added the API Key and API Secret to your store, click the button to check if your feed is installed correctly.
If you are connecting ShoppingFeeder to Shopify you will not see the step involving API Keys since Shopify connects to ShoppingFeeder via OAuth 2. Click the Install the app button and you will be redirected to a Shopify page and asked to allow ShoppingFeeder to access your data.
You’ve now successfully connected ShoppingFeeder to your e-commerce store. Click Finish to being your first product import.
The next setup is for your to subscribe to a channel so you can start driving traffic to your e-commerce store.